Concerns about host selling house before stay

Concerns about host selling house before stay

So we have a trip book in Miami in July. When looking up the Airbnb I realized it was listed for sale obviously the homeowner has every right to sell. Now in the off chance the Home is sold by then ( Typically takes 60days to close ) were would that leave us ? I have looked at other listings but all have jump in price tremendously. I have also reviewed the cancelation policy and from what I found we would just be given a refund.  Just wondering is someone has been in the same position and what the outcome would be ? 

2 Replies 2
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

>>Now in the off chance the Home is sold by then ( Typically takes 60days to close ) were would that leave us ?<<

The phrase I'd use, @Alberto1681, is 'high and dry' I'm afraid.

Ordinarily a decent host would block their calendars if they thought their property/listing would sell and biff any reservations. Have you asked them for their take?  

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Alberto1681 This is a huge red flag. You risk the booking disintegrating on you somewhere along the way. If you’re willing to take the risk that your stay will materialize as planned, then go ahead, but I hope you have an easy-cancel  hotel reservation as a back up. If you want to back out, then contact Airbnb with your concerns and proof of the active real estate listing. You are certainly entitled to cancel with a refund.