Confirmed booking for Christmas/new year booking

Confirmed booking for Christmas/new year booking

I am concerned & need advice on this booking please...due to the Christmas/new year & peak holiday periods, my calendar had not been updated (eg. Weekend rates are $375 per night & public holidays ) his do I now alert my guest that his booking is now extra?? 

Thankyou. Cheers, Kassy 

Shabby Beach Cottage ~ Vintage Charm on the Coast 🏡

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kassy6 

No. It's really bad form to ask a guest for more $ after the fact. It's unfair and will make them understandably angry. It's a host's responsibility to keep their calendar and pricing up-to-date, your future availabilty should all have correct prices on the dates.

And if the guest reports a bait and switch like this (although I realize that wasn't your intention) to Airbnb, they could suspend your listing.

You're going to have to eat this one and chalk it up to a learning experience. Many hosts, especially newer ones,  get caught out on this kind of thing.

@Kassy6 

as @Sarah977  said, many hosts.... including us 🙂 we started at the end of Jun and got New year eve booking at the beginning of August. I believe there are bargain hunters out there who are looking for new hosts and take the opportunity of their not-updated calendars so far in advance.

At our experience - they were ungrateful guests and rated us low for value, imagine!