Cost of cleaning service

Cami17
Level 2
Tucson, AZ

Cost of cleaning service

Hello fellow hosts!

I am looking for some insight regarding cleaning services for those who manage their property remotely. My place is in Tucson and I live in New Mexico - I had a friend that was cleaning it at $30/hour which I thought was a little high, especially cause she didn't provide her own cleaning products and some days she would take 6 hours to clean. Our place is booked about 70% of the year and I have a lot of short term guests where some months I have 4-6 turns. I originally was only charging a $75 cleaning fee to guests but quickly was loosing lots of money, plus we were charging pretty cheap per/night as it was. I upped the cleaning fee to $125 which covered a good portion of my cleaners salary - but again, still feel like majority of our income was going to paying her as well as paying for the cleaning products.. I also feel like I am getting less bookings because of the cost of our cleaning fee?

How much do you pay your cleaner? Is there anyone in Tucson on here that would be interested in cleaning/co-managing the property?

Cheers! 

Cami Drake

3 Replies 3
Cheryl389
Level 7
Keyport, NJ

I charge a $100 cleaning fee, and cleaning is 4 hours so it's $25 an hour

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

$35/hour

Hi,

I’m Sasha, owner of sparkleandglocleaningservice.com in Seattle. The cleaning business here is booming, and cleaning prices vary greatly. I charge $35/hour, and pay for my own cleaning supplies. I also guarantee client satisfaction with each cleaning.