County taxes

Patti83
Level 1
Truckee, CA

County taxes

Hi, 

wondering how to adjust my pricing settings to add county tax for my rental. 

Our county charges us 14% for room /transient tax.  On gross amount which includes my cleaning fee. 

Also our annual permit fees went from 130.00 per year to 430.00 a year.

would appreciate any help on this subject.

thank you

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Cities and some counties do charge an occupancy tax but Air BNB does not collect and remit in all places.  So if you have to collect it, you either collect from the guest as an additional charge after a booking has been made or you automatically add it to the room rate.  I do the latter for my city's tax of 10%.  Then when I report my earnings for income tax, I deduct the city tax as an expense.  As for the cost of the business license, my city increase as well.  Hope this helps!

I have to collect 5% County tax for Collier County in Florida.

I can't find anywhere that allows me to add a 5% surcharge for this tax.

Can anyone help?

The only thing I can find is a charge for extra guests or for cleaning, i.e. dollar amount and not a percentage.

We have a 10.5% Unicorporated County tax where our Airbnb home is located.  We are having a similar problem finding a way to add this to the fee's.   We want to make sure we are getting this money so it can be set aside for the end of the year.  Will guests be upset this was not included in their total?  We have it noted in our information....

Christian1193
Level 3
Orlando, FL

Airbnb states we could opt-out of having them collect our taxes and instead allow us to put our own tax amount then forward this to us so we can then forward that to our tax agencies. But, I've not been successful in having that done because airbnb customer service reps just keep feeding me the same nonsense scripts they are told to report. 

This is directly from airbnb documentation:

If you opt out of default tax collection and add your own taxes, we collect the taxes on your nightly rate and fees but pass them to you to remit to the tax authorities. If you add taxes in addition to the taxes we automatically collect, we pass your additional taxes to you to remit to the tax authorities, and we remit the taxes we automatically collect directly to the tax authorities. If you opt out of default tax collection, adding a tax replaces all default taxes.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2523/how-do-i-add-taxes-to-my-listings

If anyone here can help me as I have the same issue please let me know. 

-Christian