Credit card was charged after declining a reservation

Andreia7
Level 1
Westbury, NY

Credit card was charged after declining a reservation

How disorganized is this?????
the host declined my request and even tho, my credit card was charged?????
What if I sent another request and the host decline it again and over and over???
I am going to be charged for all of these transactions and it will take "UP to 7 DAYS FOR THE MONEY TO COME BACK TO MY CREDIT CARD????????
THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!
VERY FRUSTRATED!!!! I DON'T EVEN SEE A CONTACT NUMBER OR AN EMAIL TO CONTACT AIRBNB

1 Reply 1
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Andreia7, my son did this when he was going to Europe, he placed booking requests, money held, host takes ages to get back to him, then decline, money held. He didn't have enough money to hang around with as he needed to make some actual bookings with the money he had. Here is my advice which I also gave him (but sons don't always listen until they have done the wrong thing anyway).

Rather than placing booking requests, make booking ENQUIRIES. Then, should a host accept, the card will be charged but only then.

I know, ridiculous that it takes so long for the money to bounce back and I wish there was a warning to bookers stating this fact.

best way to contact AIr is through Twitter,

@Airbnbhelp, select Follow, send a DM stating your issue and they will get back to you.