Damage 400 euro !!

Rafic2
Level 1
Turin, Italy

Damage 400 euro !!

Recently I rent an airbnb with my mom, sis and my fiancee. While my mom was bathing and trying to slide the glass door of the shower, it went out of the binary and felt on her. It totally broke. I immediatly contacted the host informing her about the damage. Her reply was that I have to pay the price of the door which is 400euro, she told me that she has the receipt of it and that it was totally new which wasn't the case. I do not know what to do since it is an unvolontary accident. Does airbnb cover this type of accident like that as a guest I do not have to pay this big amount of money which I think it is a bit unfair. Any suggestion ?

Thank in advance.

1 Reply 1
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Rafic2 if you broke it is only fair that you pay for it. How do you know it wasn't new? And even if it wasn't, those things are expensive. I am glad your mother didn't hurt herself. I have no doubt that she didn't intend on doing it but it happened and it is your responsibility. You can of course deny to pay, in that case Airbnb will step in and decide if and how much will be paid to the host.