Deal with a conflict guest

David804
Level 1
Santiago de Compostela, Spain

Deal with a conflict guest

Hi community!Today I have a new guest.Everything was perfect until he was angry because there is no TV in the flat.I didn't list that there is a TV and he was angry!

How do you  think is the best way to deal with?

I suppose that he's going to put a bad review.

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

You offer a low cost listing with few amenities, @David804 and your description accurately lists the amenities.  I see that another guest assumed you had WiFi and gave a negative review.  It is not unusual that guests do not read all the description.  They look at price and pictures.  Since this is the second guest who thought you had something you did not, maybe you need to put in your initial description that few amenities but great low price.

How long is this guest staying?  If he is leaving soon, just wait it out.  If he has a long term reservation, you could suggest he contact Air BNB and ask to be relocated.  Do not cancel him however as you did nothing wrong.  He has to cancel.  Don't worry about the negative review.  You can respond as you did in the other review.  

David804
Level 1

Thank you so much Linda! You have helped me a lot! Fortunately,he stays only three days. Regards!
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @David804

It always makes me smile when a guest can't survive without a TV for a few days.

Just point out with a pleasant smile that you do make it clear in your listing as to what you include and that your price reflects the fact that such facilities aren't included

However I think internet access is more of an issue and I would see what you might be able to do to provide this. Is there an option for you to offer guests this at an extra charge?

I can't read Spanish but would suggest as well as checking facilities you indicate in words up front in your listing description that internet access and a TV isn't available to help manage expectations and avoid you having guests that get angry at not having these resources.

David804
Level 1

Thank you so much Helen!

I take your advices.

The problem is that I have to sign a contract for several months if I want to set wifi.

Hoewer,I'm considering to put it for the summer,high season.

Regards