Dear AirBnB, if you take money from someone, and the service wasn't available, that's fraud

Greg513
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Dear AirBnB, if you take money from someone, and the service wasn't available, that's fraud

If you offer someone a coupon, and it doesn't work, that's fraud. But hey, thanks for allowing me the honor of having close to a thousand dollars just hanging out, not knowing if I'll get it back until after my trip starts. Should have stuck with hotels.com, where they don't have fraudulent listing, they wait until the booking is confirmed before billing, and they don't claim it takes 15 business days to refund money they took in less than 5 seconds for a place that wasn't available. 

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Greg513  This is a community forum where hosts and guests ask questions and exchange information, not Airbnb itself. I suggest you contact Airbnb directly to see if your issue can be resolved.

And my post is meant to provide information to guests about abhorrent AirBnb policies and procedures. Instead of passive aggressively tone checking a post because you disagree, kindly just shut up.

@Greg513  Say what? I didn't disagree with anything you wrote. It just sounded like you were thinking that Airbnb support staff were reading it, which they don't here. Many guests as well as hosts, post here thinking they are contacting Airbnb directly, and when advised that they aren't, they thank the responders for redirecting them to someone who actually may be able to help with their issue.

Telling others, particularly those who are trying to help, to shut up on a public forum is rather aggressive. There's plenty of disagreement here, but most try to keep things civil.