Decline a request

Decline a request

I had my first rental request, while I was away for 24 hrs with no email access, of course 😞 The request was for dates that the house is not available. I responded 24 hrs later and I cannot “decline” the request... Is this user error on my part? 

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

hello @Kesh3 ,

A request can only be made on dates which are avaialble. So if they are not, you calender is not up to date, which is your responsibility. Also you need to accept or decline a request within the time limit, otherwise your rating is affected in a negative way. So it seems there are 2 "errors" from you here  ;>)

Hope this helps,

Emiel

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kesh3 Are you sure that it was a Request, not an Inquiry? As Emiel said, they shouldn't be able to send a booking request for unavailable dates. On Inquiries, guests can enter any dates, even unavailable ones and they have to enter dates to put in an Inquiry. They might do this if they just have some questions, but don't have their travel dates in place yet.

If you are going to be unavailable to respond to guests for 24 hours or more, you can "snooze" your listing. Guests can still see your listing, but won't have the option to book or contact you until you until you unsnooze it. 

It's not a good thing for a host to miss that 24 hour hour response window- it will affect your response rate with Airbnb.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

When you are going to be away from data access for at least 24 hours, @Kesh3, the best thing to do is to snooze your listing for that time period. I do it all the time when I will be off-grid for a day or more. Hope that helps in future!

Oh!! That is helpful to know, thank you!!! Will do next time 😬