Didn't receive verification code

David6292
Level 1
Värmlands län, Sweden

Didn't receive verification code

Hi everyone!

I am having trouble verifying my phone number. I typed my phone number in for registration but never received a message from airbnb. 

I tried again but it just says that I have tried too many times.

Have anyone else had this problem?

22 Replies 22
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Laura_C@Lizzie @Stephanie @Quincy   is this a glitch in IT system?

There's another person besides @David6292  who has posted the same question in  different location.

I also never received text alerts here in New Zealand with a booking and enquiry about a week ago which coincides around about the time of changes to Listing formats.

Thanks for the tag @Helen427 ! I will check into it.

Laura

--------------------

Lead, Airbnb Core Hosts & Community

Here's my Community Spotlight!

What are your favorite notes from your guests?

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks @Laura_C it was also raised at the Auckland get together yesterday with ABB representatives who are currently over from Sydney, Australia who had also heard about it.

Perhaps you would be so kind to touch base with them to as it appears as if it may be impacting on users across the Globe, including Australia and New Zealand.

It seems to time in with the changes in Platform views, bahh humbug, how unusual is that????

Looking forward to it been fixed pronto and for those who are doing these IT Projects to be alert in future of potential issues that keep popping up.

Thanks in advance

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @David6292,

If it is possible for you, could you see this link, which may could help : 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/277/how-do-i-verify-my-phone-number 

Thanks, 

Miloud

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Laura_C  Also with Verification process, it's malfunctioning the Host & Guest systems of communicating, Can't touch base with my pending Guest today due to this which is not a good look for ABB.

ABB system is failing to recognise my ID document which is PDF format.

It's also stopped messages in Email format coming through until Verification is completed, definitely not User Friendly for those of us who do our best to abide by Laws of the Land!

There's also been absolutely no emails sent to us to advise of this new Verification process which is unfortunate and one would reasonably expect an email alert like we do for other notifications

Thanks again

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Laura_C @David6292 @Miloud0 
A pop up message comes up "Account access is limited until you complete registration"

I'm not sure why as it appears briefly without any other info as to why.

It's disabled access to all Reservations, current and pending

Argh @Helen427 that's super frustrating. Are you back online now?

I know the team is digging into it, I just sent them a note asking them to get back to me asap.

--------------------

Lead, Airbnb Core Hosts & Community

Here's my Community Spotlight!

What are your favorite notes from your guests?

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

thanks @Fraser22 @David6292 @Miloud0 @Laura_C 

It kept taking me to the same page when I tried to come into Community Centre to after that so I've cleared my cache on my phone & will see if it has cleared up the issue to log in properly on my listing hassle free.

Must keep up my 100% prompt response rate or it'll impact further on my Hosting Status.

Will try keep you posted 😊

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Fraser22

I phoned & to Customer Services as I've also not been receiving Text Alerts for several weeks.

I'm aware an American Text Provider has had a major Data/ Privacy Breach in recent times - details of that are freely online in news.

It's unknown who that company provides services to, including through contracted subcontractors & there subcontractors as is the case with such services & IT providers - perhaps these issues have arisen somehow through that companies business.

I received an Error Code 500 which I understand is an Airbnb glitch - road works/ plumbing happens also between linked providers for connectivity all over the place.

As per your offline records I did send an "Enquiry" msg to @

a fellow Host &

for an unknown reason triggered your Trust & Safety team to send me an email alleging I may have acted outside of your services which is incorrect and continuing to do so may see my account suspended - without allowing me recourse or explanation first.

Perhaps some of the words in my message triggered that, I've no idea.

I hope I'm not in hot water for contacting them.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello again @Fraser22 @David6292 @Laura_C and others, I've just tried to access my account via an Enquiry I've received and it's still asking me to compete verifying my identity.

This is despite the fact I'm already verified through my phone & email.

I'm also unable to remove my Government ID which I was told was an option to use as ID & is a valid form of ID.

As others have mentioned some have 2 name versions for whatever reason.

My bank ID is also of course already with ABB so they have plenty of my info to verify who I am without these added processes & collection of DATA.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Fraser22 unfortunately it has blocked my access to opening & reading my Guest messages on my Dashboard.

It's only by chance I've my internet history still in my cache on a laptop I was able to access my Dashboard as it won't allow me to so much as do that now.

When I click on my Message Icon below my Picture  on the right top corner it keeps telling me to Upload photos which I don't understand as I'm not making a Booking.

Perhaps my Dashboard has switched to that of a Guest however I'm unable to access the site to change it back to Hosting .

Is your IT team able to fix it from your end please?

thanks in advance

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks @Fraser22 yes I'd read that link hoping there would be info to would help resolve my issue however as I don't wish to upload photo ID etc it didn't get me anywhere.

Is there a timeframe where it bounces back/ reverts to voiding any verification steps like when we edit our Listings?

There doesn't appear to be an Option step that allows us to "Save" or "CANCEL" with Government / Photo ID unless I've yet to find a link there.

To have those Options of "Save" or "CANCEL" would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance

Hi @Fraser22 - I am trying to setup an ABB account to book an apt but when I try to enter all 4 of my code, the app keeps telling me it is invalid.  Now I am locked out.  How do I even make a booking?