Different rate for one day stay

Lawrence4
Level 1
Mentone, Australia

Different rate for one day stay

Hi all, I can't seem to contact Airbnb or find their email address. I want to ask them if they can put in a new feature where we charge more for one day stay only. We have discounted weekend rates so it could work something like this. Does anyone know how I contact them?

4 Replies 4
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Lawrence4 You can already, implicitly, charge more for short stays. Simply slap on a higher "cleaning fee". For example, your nightly rate is $28 (however, I see no indication of the "discounted weekend rates" you mentioned). So, if you add a, say, $10 cleaning fee, your effective rate for 1 night would be $38. For two nights, your effective rate would be $33. An so on.

Thanks there is a weekend discount option. I don't have it on though. I think I will add on a cleaning fee thats a good idea.

Isn't the cleaning rate already set? Would you just tell them that's how you intend to charge higher for one day? It can you adjust the cleaning few after a booking?

@David-And-Cindi0 Lawrence's listing wasn't charging a cleaning  fee, so adding one effectively accomplishes what he wanted to do. And no, I wouldn't mention to the guest that I was adding that fee to get more money for single-night stays. It doesn't matter *why* a listing has a cleaning fee; it's either there or it's not. If there, it gets added to the guest's total charge just the same. Lastly, no, you can't alter the cleaning fee after the booking. You can, however, make adjustments to the guest's overall charge. There are various ways to do that; dig around in the Help center.