Direct contact using wishbox for check in

Direct contact using wishbox for check in

my host has contacted me via my email address directly asking me to schedule my check in. I've been an Airbnb traveller since 2010 and this is the first time I have been contacted this way. My Airbnb booking shows check in details will be available on june 3 which is fine and i was surprised to receive the email today. I replied stating i wasn't comfortable communicating through a non air bnb platform and he replied stating i agreed as part of my reservation to communicate via wishbox and if i continue through airbnb the information may include errors. i'v replied to say iwasn't aware the wishbox was part of my airbnb agreement and that i would like to communicate through air bnb and do require the correct check in details. This agreement comes as a surprise as Airbnb states not to use external platforms as points of communication. Could you let me know if wishbox is now a part of Airbnb in regards to checkin details.

8 Replies 8
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry I haven't heard of wishbox @Alison489  so not sure what this is? Is it some sort of automated check in system?

What information is the host asking you for?

If it is just your check in time, I am not sure why they can't use Airbnb messaging for this. I can't see why communicating through Airbnb messaging would create errors.

Perhaps give Airbnb a call and see if they can help you resolve this with the host?

Ivan657
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

Hi by chance was a guy from France? today I was requested to use the same tool, how did it end up?

Rocky39
Level 1
Waterloo, Canada

I have just received a similar request from a Host in Sydney, Australia. They wanted my flight information, ID, and credit card.

Have responded to the host with questions as to why they need this information, and have also messaged AirBnB asking for their thoughts.

credit card???? For what??? In my case I forgot to send pictures of my documents, but with all those cases of identity theft I don’t feel confortable sending my document to anyone, besides that airbnb already validated my data, they have to freedom to approve or reject the booking request, I said I have to find them but I can send you pictures later... 

let the community know what the host say. 

Alexander927
Level 1
Copenhagen, DK

Wishbox is absolutely legit, used by professional hosts.  For a more seamless check-in / check-out experience for the guests.

Sapphire6
Level 1
Ra'anana, IL

@Alison489  I used Wishbox and I know the information you submit is totally secure. It’s a professional platform that allows hosts to manage their booking and coordinate details for guests and It’s actually very convenient. 

@Sapphire6 Did you have to upload your ID/Passport too?

We disabled credit card/passport scan for Airbnb reservations as this information is already provided to Airbnb.  We do however request this for reservations coming from external channels like booking.com.