Discount error?

Luis-Fellipe0
Level 2
State of Santa Catarina, BR

Discount error?

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with my long term prices;

My guest is trying to book 105 nights in my place.

As my minimum night price is $90,00, it should be 90*105 = $9.450,00 right?

I have my discounts configured to $0,00

But the guest was able to book for $5.630,05

Did I do something wrong?

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Luis-Fellipe0 

I could not test it, as there is not a period of 28 nights available on your calender to book.

I saw the nightly price for shorter stays is indeed R$90,-.

Are you sure you did not set a monthly discount (or last minute, early bird discount or create ruleset with special discount) or have set specific price for specific month ?

The price difference is about 40%

Best regards,

Emiel

Luis-Fellipe0
Level 2

Yes, Im sure.

I guess it is something with the smart price. But as long as my minimum is set to $90,00 I really don't understand what happened.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Luis-Fellipe0 

As I (and@Charlotte495  also) mentioned: check all the possible discount settings. Guessing is not science. Try to make a 28 nights period available on the calender and simulate a booking, so you can test what is happening with monthly calculations and maybe get a clue what is wrong.

Best regards,

Emiel

I think there are several places where things could be going wrong.  There are multiple places to have discounts applied - different prices for weeday vs. weekends, seasonally, as a percentage for long term, etc.  I'd go into every single setting on your listing and check.  Also, if you look out at every day - like go on the calendar to the 102nd day - is the rate on that day still $90.  Perhaps you've got "smart pricing" turned on in the future?  That's my only ideas.  

Luis-Fellipe0
Level 2

I just found out the problem guys.

There is an option where you can set the price by month.

I had set it to $ 100.00 to november / december (because I thought it would be the night price)

But it was the WHOLE month price.

Well my bad.

Thank you guys for the help.