Discounted room rates

Olivia-And-Marlon0
Level 1
Flaxton, Australia

Discounted room rates

Hi there, 

Just trying to figure out how AirBnb has calculated the nightly rate for a 12 night booking enquiry i have just received. I have set my base rate to $80/night with a 20% discount for week long or more bookings. This means the rate should be $64/night...but the site has calculated it as $49per night. I dont have Smart Pricing activated either.

Confused!

Olivia

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Olivia-And-Marlon0  ,

it is difficult to check, as your listing has very limited dates availabe to book. But i noticed rates are not steady, but fluctuate. Which gives me the impression Smart Pricing or Price Tips are active.

Thanks Emiel,

I realised after that perhaps it is because being a new host I had opted in for the introductory 20% off to get my reviews up. So I think it’s applied two 20% discounts - one for the hosting as above and the other for a week + stay. Does that sounds right do you think? 

Olivia-And-Marlon0
Level 1
Flaxton, Australia

Re the fluctuating... I will go in and have another look. I’ve got two listings with linked calendars as one is a private room only and the other is when the whole house is booked. 

The main Airbnb is the private room but we at times let out the whole house. I have simply marked the whole house as unavailable for all the dates we are here ourselves. Maybe it’s messed up the other listing.