Do house rules apply to the host?

Jenna56
Level 1
Baldwinsville, NY

Do house rules apply to the host?

My sisters and I booked a private room for the next few days for vacation. When booking, we read the house rules which state that there is ‘no parties or events’. Does this apply to the host? Our host has been blaring music since we checked in (11pm-ish) and has had multiple people over. We were aware that a private room may have some noise but people have been partying the entire time (yelling, loud music, pushing against our door, etc). It is now nearly 6 AM and people are still here. 

3 Replies 3
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Such rules as quiet hours, no parties or no smoking should apply to both hosts and guests, @Jenna56. Get in touch with Airbnb CS. You'll find a pinned post in the Help section how to do it.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Jenna56

Yes, I would say so. Hosting is taking paying guests and paying guests deserves a quiet night and decent sleep quality. Report to airbnb and find somewhere else if at all possible.

Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Jenna56 Ask the host for a refund on a WTF were you thinking basis. You have the RIGHT to a Peaceful nights rest when you rent. Unless I’m in the room throwing back drinks too, it’s quiet time dummies, you don’t have to go home but I’m not having this here and paying for it. Absolutely leave a review but DO NOT try to black mail the host with a review of any kind. Don’t mention review at all but leave a truthful review for this knuckleball. 

Good luck!

‘You know it’s hard out here for a Host’