Email requesting bank details

Emma735
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Email requesting bank details

Hello.

I have received an email, from Airbnb asking me to confirm my bank account details in order to received payments going forward.  I would just like to check if anyone else has received this email and knows if it's genuine?  I've tried looking for contact details for Airbnb (would anyone have these), and have looked at my account to see if this message appears.  

Hopefully it's all okay.

Thank you.

Emma.

3 Replies 3
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Emma735  Same here and ours was genuine - the message was also in our inbox on the site. It merely asked us to confirm that our payout details were still correct. I think it's good (but right to be suspicious) as there are so many messages from hosts who have forgotten to update details when they change bank etc

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Emma735

Also, if it is possible, you could see this link :  

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/106/how-do-i-know-if-my-payout-method-is-working  

Thanks, 

Miloud

Mike1034
Level 10
Mountain View, CA

@Emma735  If it is an email asking you to confirm your bank account through Airbnb website or through Airbnb App, it is fine. 

If it asks you to send your bank account number and other information through email, definitely you don't want to do that.