Error exporting AirBnB Calendar to Tripadvisor rentals

Andrea510
Level 2
Mdina, Malta

Error exporting AirBnB Calendar to Tripadvisor rentals

For some reason, my airbnb calendar, which had been exported to the same property's listing on tripadvisor ceased to work. I have tried to delete it, and re-export it but have come across the same error. I've tried this on a daily basis and still haven't succeeded. 

I'm struggling to post the screenshot but the message is as follows:

"We couldn't sync your calendar. The provider's calendar file is invalid.
There's a problem with the iCal file format. Copy the calendar address from your provider's site again, then paste it below. If the sync still fails, please contact your provider."
10 Replies 10
Narivana0
Level 2
Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia

Same problem. It was created when Tripadvisor rentals stopped pushing reservations to synced calendars, i.e. allowing its calendar to be exported. The Airbnb system then disabled the Tripadvisor sync, and the Tripadvisor system seems to have decided that that means all links that have had this problem are invalid.

The fault is probably in the Tripadvisor system -- export of Airbnb calendars still works to other sites -- but it would be nice if it could be resolved amicably between competitors.

Could the person monitoring this please 'accelerate' this question to the powers that be?

Since when does Tripadvisor allow its calendar to be exported? I thought that this syncing relationship only worked one way (from AirBnB to tripadvisor). 

I don't think the problem is widespread throughout Tripadvisor/AirBnB. I have 2 separate listings - one AirBnB calendar is successfully exported to its respective tripadvisor listing. It is the other one, that simply doesn't work for no discernable reason. 

Narivana0
Level 2

That's probably because you signed up with Tripadvisor when they'd already stopped allowing their calendar to be exported. If you're an old Flipkey customer you had a calendar both ways until this summer.

Narivana0
Level 2

It could be something else of course and just a coincidence that these things happened to me in quick succession. Where is a proper helpdesk when you need it?

Good question. AirBnB have made it incredibly difficult to contact them. 

Narivana0
Level 2

I've written to Tripadvisor, who initially didn't seem to understand the problem, but at least there's someone I'm talking to. I'll let you know how it goes.

Narivana0
Level 2

I went through the Tripadvisor help centre (follow the 'still need help?' thingy), and they put the link in for me. The only problem is that there's a character limit on the first message in their system, but once they reply to your email you can send them the Airbnb iCal link.

Narivana0
Level 2

Thank you for your email.

'I understand your concern regarding the synchronization of your calendar, property 
xxxxxxx

I would like to inform you that we have put the provided link and y
our Airbnb calendar is now connected and will sync automatically.Please be advised that the changes will appear in 48h in our TripAdvisor page.
Please be advised that your TripAdvisor calendar only imports dates - it doesn’t export them.

I have attached you a screenshot of the "sync calendar" option.

I hope that this information is helpful for you but in case you need any additional clarification or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.?

Kind regards

I will try follow the same course of action (though tripadvisor also make it difficult to contact them 🙂 ) and will see if they are able to resolve the problem themselves.

THank you for the updates and I will let you know if I am similarly successful. 

While flipkey DID help me be able to keep my house through the rentals, they don't seem to have a concept as to what HELP means! what a shame! i used to get 9/20 of my bookinge through them, and now... 1 a year?