Essentials

Pia17
Level 1
Sterling, VA

Essentials

I have been hosting for less than 6 months. I have a question regarding the amount of essentials you provide for guests. I provide mini shampoos and soaps to guests. I am not sure how many I should provide for weekly/monthly guests? What is the normal ratio of shampoo/soap to days of stay?  How about tissue paper?

And also, how many sets of towels (bath towels, hand towels and wash cloths) do you provide for weekly/ monthly stays? I give discounts to longer stays because It was my understanding that I do not have to provide for extras. I guess I was wrong.

i have stayed in other Airbnb units and those essentials were not even provided. I feel robbed.

32 Replies 32
Devin-and-Sarah0
Level 3
Calgary, Canada

The main question I would ask is.... Do you have a separate washer/dryer in your Airbnb? To me, that would make all the difference. I and my wife have everything other than the entrance separate and do not clean our guest's towels for 1-month stays.

We leave our guys with 3 extra towels per 1 guest and stack them in the bathroom above the toilet with a wired toilet shelf. We will show the washer/dryer or message them about it on guest check-ins, but do not wash the towels for them and have never had a problem or a bad review because of it.

This also goes for any linens we provide for the guest like kitchen clothes, etc. Never had a problem. I hope this helps the conversation!

Devin & Sarah, Superhost and Bloggers

Hi all!  

I provide a lot of amenities - they include:

shampoo/conditioner/bar soap

toothbrush/toothpaste

sunscreen

pain reliever

dental floss

nail file

mouthwash

coffee and cream

assorted teas

milk

OJ

cereal

bottle of wine

snacks (sweet and salty)

bread

oatmeal

eggs

bottled water

Alexa enabled smart house for lighting and air conditioning 

Harman Kardon Sound system

2 TVs with amazon prime/Hulu/Netflix/HBO/showtime/Cinemax/Starz

smart plugs throughout space

Memory foam bed

Turkish cotton towels

Of course all of the other basics as well..extra pillows/iron/board/pots pans/spices/oil/etc 

Writing this makes me realize how much I put into the space. It seems like overkill but the guest do seem to enjoy everything so I guess I’ll keep doing it

Michael2547
Level 2
San Diego, CA

i added a Airbnb Superhost Plaque in the rental as a nice finishing touch.

https://newpcgadgets.com/blog/airbnb-superhost-verified-plaque

IMG_1077.JPG