Extra guest

Jeanne246
Level 2
Salisbury, NC

Extra guest

Hello,

My listing is for 1 guest. I do disclose under house rules that there is an extra fee of $20 per night for extra guests. How is that collected? Since my listing is set up for 1 guest there isn’t an option for them to put in a different number.

3 Replies 3
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Jeanne246 🙂

If you want to allow 2 persons to stay then you can change it to 2 persons and then add that every person after 1, pays 20 $. You do that under settings.

Best, Sandra 

@Sandra856 wrote:

Hi @Jeanne246 🙂

If you want to allow 2 persons to stay then you can change it to 2 persons and then add that every person after 1, pays 20 $. You do that under settings.

Best, Sandra 

Thanks Sandra, I did that. I was hoping for another way that would make it clear the space isn’t really adequate for 2, but I guess there is no way!

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

@Jeanne246 You can also write it on the the listing - telling the guest that even though your listing is not really suitable for more than one it is possible for a set up for two. You can write that they must write to you if they want to book for more than 1 and you can then ask for the extra 20 $ via the resolution center. You can ask for extra money as soon as a reservation is confirmed.

The problem with that solution would be that if a guest search for 2 persons your listing won't show in the results. So maybe just make sure the guest is fully aware of the setup when they book?