Extra guests

Brittani7
Level 4
Florida, US

Extra guests

So a guest booked the same day of check in.  At first the booking was for 3 people but when asked, he said there was only two.  He made an update to the reservation to only say two.  This morning, I noticed their were three people.  

I have not brought it up yet as I don't want to react the wrong way and I want to hear your opinions and how you would handle it.  I do want to send them an additional request for the extra guest, especially because they are using the pull out bed and putting wear and tear on it.

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Brittani7  simply contact the guest via Airbnb to say you noticed they had three guests staying but the booking is only for two. That this must have been an oversight on their part, so you have sent them a request through the resolution centre to cover the cost for the third guest and that can they authorise this please by XXX.

Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

@Brittani7   As Helen already mentioned, you need to bring this up with the guest and ask for payment for the third guest.   Make sure, you only communicate through the Airbnb message system as this will allow Airbnb to see your communication with the guest should problems arise.   Also, have you considered not to allow same day bookings?  In my experience, those last minute reservations often tend to bring the most problematic guests.  😉