Fake booking enquiry warning

Answered!
Lesley335
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Fake booking enquiry warning

Hi all

I have now received and reported two similar enquiries received by my listing. In each case, the "guest" has only just joined Airbnb and has no verifications or profile details. The guests say they would like to book, but are concerned because they have seen my property details listed by another host. They include a link to what purports to be the other listing. However, this does not look like a real Airbnb property listing address, so I have not clicked on it. Checking through the normal Airbnb screens, there does not appear to be anyone trying to clone my property. 

I have reported both to Airbnb, but have not (yet) received any reply. Assuming these enquiries are an attempt to infect with a virus or some other scam through the link, perhaps the answer is for Airbnb not to allow enquiries until the member's ID has been verified.

Has anyone else received a similar enquiry and, if so, what did you do about it?

1 Best Answer
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Lesley335 

oh yes, we all receive such messages/inquiries from time to time. It's a scam. I believe they send you a link to the website very similar to Airbnb and there is a login form looking the same as Airbnb's. When you login the scammers have your Airbnb password and can hack your account.

View Best Answer in original post

17 Replies 17
Brian1898
Level 2
Albany, OR

Todays fake request was (A man in Europe had the same # used - 

“Hi, Brian! Soon I will be having a trip to Albany. I came across your listing and intended to book your apartment I would like to discuss a few questions, before booking you apartments. Please, contact me on VVha ts ap p as soon as you can This is my number plus ❼❾❾❾❽❺❹❺❼❻⓿”

Unfortunately, host sent me a fake line same as Airbnb, and I transferred 880 euros, for reservation, I got scammed 

what should I do, anyone can help or advise me please 😞😞😞

I got scammed, I transferred 880 euros, he sent a website same as Airbnb But I sent it to the Airbnb customer support to confirm, but the customer support said that the host is very good and there’s nothing emane me worry!!!!

9FBAE2BA-B7B1-4768-A3E6-59142F7DA4B0.png

AF7C3E21-8658-444D-93C8-3A574AF24D26.png