False report by guest

False report by guest

How do we defend ourselves against a false report by a guest we even declined and was never here? 

8 Replies 8
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Roya3 A false report about what? If your post has nothing to do with the one you have posted on. Can you start your own thread?

@Kirstie can you move the above post?

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Roya3,

Welcome to the Community Center! As @Helen3 mentioned, it's best to post new questions in a separate post as otherwise it can lead to confusion in the original thread. It also makes it easier for others to find your question and help you!

Could you possibly give us a bit more information about your issue? What do you mean a 'false report'? A review? The more information you can give, the more useful advice other hosts will be able to give you.

Do let us know 

Kirstie

Hi , a guest inquired about the room and passes to aquarium in Monterey, I answered all her questions and decided since I have to go to San Jose those days I blocked my calendar and declined her  request. She replied by she reports me for cheating her and now she reported me to running a business from my home......I never met her? My first guest arrived from china yesterday and all went well and they left. Please how do we deal with people like Helen for falsely accusing us of cheating? Please read all our emails to Helen and back. Thanks...

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Roya3 Please can you clarify the @Helen3 you are referring to is not me 🙂

Also BNB don't monitor these forums which are for hosts.

If you want to speak to BNB you need to contact them. (1st post Community Help forum for details).

I am sure you are operating your BNB business within any terms laid down by your local government, and paying any relevant taxes, so it won't matter then is she reports you or not.

Btw I don't know how to start a thread and also how to attach her email to me here so u can see....she lives in California and you can see in my emails .....it's not the same Helen as her picture is ....I forgot the name of her city but it was in California with a aquarium there....something like that

A guest called Helen just reported me to airbnb and to city as I am running a business per her emails just because I declined her reservation. I never saw her or anything....this is weird ....thanks for reply

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

As I said don't worry about it - some people have nothing better to do with their time - she may well not ever have done this.

If you are allowed to let your property and have checked with your local government/building and are declaring through your taxes - you don't have anything to worry about.

By the way if you want to start a new thread click the rather  large red button top right at the start of the page 🙂 START CONVERSATION.

We had a bad experience by a guest Making false claims  there was mold on the ceiling.  I gave them a refund of nights not staying, they where backpackers struggling to cope travelling in Tanzania.
 Airbnb have refused to investigate as I have my room on snooze .  The room is booked mostly and last booking only a few days previously and no previous reports of mold . Over 200 reviews mostly 5 out of 5 . 

Seems totally unfair that a angry guests can do this and we our ignored by Airbnb .