Family and Friends discount

Hope-And-Dave0
Level 1
Knoxville, TN

Family and Friends discount

Hello,

I am new to the community. What is the discount structure you offer family and friends?

Thank you,

Hope

4 Replies 4
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Hope-And-Dave0 you can offer any price you want, you can just send an special offer. But if you are asking what we as hosts would do for our family or friends, I personally wouldn't charge them at all. And if they were friends of friends or just acquaintances I would offer them maybe 20% discount. 

Jennifer1774
Level 5
Sacramento, CA

If you gave birth to me or I gave birth to you, your stay is free.   Everyone else pays rack rate.    

@Hope-And-Dave0  Just because your property is listed on Airbnb, it doesn't mean that you have to make your family and friends book it through the website. You're still free to make your own independent arrangements with people you're already in contact with, if you feel you know and trust them well enough.

I guess the nature of your relationship would be the best guide for what to charge. Some people you're eager to see and would happily host for a few days for free. Some relatives, you might be tempted to charge double.

Jonathan6
Level 10
Mamaroneck, NY

Friends are one thing, I usually only charge them the cleaning fee and I don't have them book through AirBnB.  Family on the other hand....  well let me say, you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family!