Fapiao for housing in China

Grigorii2
Level 1
Louisville, KY

Fapiao for housing in China

Hi everyone!

I am a future guest in China, Shanghai, coming for an internship in NYU Shanghai. I found a host with good apartments and we are in a pretty good contact.

The issue is that my university demands me to provide them with the Special VAT Fapiao for reimbursement. Unfortunately, my host doesn't know and can't give me such a paper, and Airbnb Service can give me only Fapiao for the service fees, which is 0 for the guest in my case.

Could anyone help me with advice if you were in this knind of situation? I like the apartment and the host and don't really want to chage it.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

@Grigorii2 

I have no understanding of the situation in Shanghai, but I do host exchange students in Seoul, S. Korea and my guests have always used the "Airbnb itinerary" as a reciept for payment and as proof for housing. 

Typically, hosts do not issue separate reciepts of any kind to guests mainly because the financial transaction is NOT directly between host and guest - guests pay Airbnb at the time of booking (booking total plus guest service fees), then Airbnb will issue a payout to hosts (booking total minus host service fees) one day after the booking check-in date.

All of my former guests had no problems using the Airbnb itinerary for school or visa related evidence purposes since it shows the guest's full name, check in/out dates, the address of the listing, and booking total (amount paid). 

Hi Grigorii,

It is easy, you can ask the landlord take the rent contract and idcard go with you to the local tax department to issue it for you. There might be a charge of tax of 5% of the rent amount.

If the landlord is a Chinese only speaking guy, you can show this text to him:

"房产所在地的地方税务局代开房屋租赁发票"

The text means the same thing,  "issue the fapiao in the local tax department."

@Zhipeng1

I waited a week with the following questions at the right place - a discussion on Chinese guests - but as I received no answer because it was an old topics - I am trying to get the answers here: 

I am expecting my first Chinese guests. I have the following questions -

How do they prefer the beds to be made - to sleep under one cover the two partners or one separate upper cover for everybody?

Do they prefer body wash or soap when taking bath? Is there anything special they would expect in the bathroom? Is one bath-towel enough for each person for 3 days stay?

Are there prefered colors, esp for the bed linen?

What kind of rice do they mostly prefer - brown or white?

Are they curious to try traditional meat of other countries?

Have I to have their special porcelain spouns or wooden sticks - or yolk - or they can cook in just the ordinary pan?

What do they mostly like  - nature, museums, restaurants, just walking and seeing the city? 

@Zhipeng1