First time hosting no bookings as yet

Natalia12
Level 2
Christchurch, New Zealand

First time hosting no bookings as yet

Hi , I am Natalia, decided to try Airbnb for my rental property. I just listed it on the site and waiting for my firt booking.

I am very nervious as I want to make it perfect for my guest to enjoy the stay at my wee darling flat. I dont know much about pricing olthough I tried to reserch how much others charge, so at the moment prices are pretty low .

I really really want to be succsesful and making sure my guests will benefit and enjoy stying at my wee flat.

Just a bit worried that so far still no any bookings, what am I doing wrong?

Any advices?

Thank you!

5 Replies 5
Shadley0
Level 6
Cape Town, South Africa

@Natalia12

Congrats for making the move, Im sure it will be a success.

My advice:

1. Use a picture of your actual place as the main image instead of the pretty flowers

2. I noticed you have 45 pictures, its just my opinion but I would rather just have 1 picture of each area of the house that you want to show off.

3. In some of the pictures the bed is not made up. ( for me this shows no value)

4. You also have quite a high security deposit, maybe drop that and be more selective on the guests that enquire with you.

5. It shows internet, is this wifi and if so is it available in every room?

Natalia12
Level 2

Thank you Shadley, I reallly appreciate your reply.

Natalia12
Level 2

Thank you @Robin4 and @Donna15! Thank you very much!

Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

Good for you, Natalia. 😉 I'm sure you'll enjoy the experience. A couple of points: in the House Rules, there's a typo - it should be 'No smoking'. I'd also suggest you indicate several more House Rules so that guests know what to expect. For instance, are shoes allowed to be worn inside? Are children welcome? In the Space description, you might mention points of interest to potential guests/travellers. I agree with @Shadley0 that your main image should be of the actual place. And 45 photos is simply too many. Cut them down by at least half, preferably more, focusing on the most attract vantage points. You might want to contact AirBnB about having a professional photographer come around to take photos. It's a gratis service. I'd also suggest a moderate or high cancellation policy.
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Natalia12.....Natalia, the bookings will come but I warn you, it is slow in the begining! You have to build up a history before people feel comfortable using you. But once you have a few reviews under your belt, things will roll along for you. Perhaps structure a few of the lovely things about Christchurch into your description. Your listing description offers nothing of what you may have to offer! Your description is basic in the extreme! There is nothing there to entice someone to your site. Read the reviews of a few single listing 'Superhosts' and how they go about the listing of their properties, and this will give you an idea of what you have to do to make yourself successful.

You sound so confident, and I would love to think you are going to be a 'stand out' host but, make sure you attend to all the little details! Remember people come to us because they want to be hosted!!! They are looking for the homely comfotable environment that a hotel cannot offer. Are you that kind of host?.....cheers.....Rob