Five Star

Shahbaz4
Level 2
Lahore, Pakistan

Five Star

If some time has passed, I simply ask them to leave a review since in order to either maintain or achieve super host status I need a certain percentage of reviews to reservations.  I don't ask for 5 stars or anything, I just ask for "a review".

2 Replies 2
Denis-Mark0
Level 10
Lahnstein, Germany

@Shahbaz4 I never ask my guests to leave me a certain rating or a review. I'm even afraid that asking for it might encourage some guests to leave just an average rating picking out some irrelevant details. So, I prefer no review instead of a bad or mediocre review. 

Just be yourself, be unique, be natural be extraordinary and take care for your guest needs. If you achieved to be in positive memory, you've done everything right.

Communication counts a lot, as I wrote in another thread:

The communication with my guests when I meet them personally is the most important ocasion to leave a grood impression.

The previous written communication can sometimes be very one-sided, because the guest does not react until the day of his arrival, although he receives a friendly welcome message. Well, th few lines of text or the ratings of my guests are usually not enough to get a good impression of someone.

The moment you first (and possibly only) meet, that's what matters. Good posture, friendly appearance, sympathetic natural smile, no hurry or hectic rush, eloquent language, but also a tactful feeling. Small talk serves to find out more about the guest. Whether the stay is of a tourist or professional nature. What do I communicate, what not. What are the priorities?

Not every guest wants to be directly seen as a family member. Some even feel uncomfortable with too much attention. As host I hold myself back with things to my person as long as a guest does not explicitly ask me. The guest should be in the foreground. Knowledge of human nature is essential.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Shahbaz4 You do not need a certain percentage of reviews to reservations. That is not a Superhost criteria any longer.

This is what you need to achieve/maintain superhost status:

• Completed at least 10 trips OR completed 3 reservations that total at least 100 nights
  • Maintained a 90% response rate or higher
  • Maintained a 1% percent cancellation rate (1 cancellation per 100 reservations) or lower, with exceptions made for those that fall under our Extenuating Circumstances policy
  • Maintained a 4.8 overall rating (this rating looks at the past 365 days of reviews, based on the date the guest left a review, not the date the guest checked out)