Government Consultation

Yogi5
Level 1
Cambridge, United Kingdom

Government Consultation

I received an update email from Airbnb informing me that they are liasing with Local authorities and government, in consultation and on behalf of hosts. 

Unfortunately There is substantial amount independently documented evidence in relation to evasive and obstructive practice i relation to engaging with complaints, feedback or concerns from partners.

I am active and successful in the short term let sector, but I do not currently host with Airbnb. Terminating the relationship as a former host was made unnecessarily challenging and so technically I am still a partner. 

The suggestion that The current contract with Government and local government is made on behalf of Partners including myself is dishonest and misleading. 

The suggestion that there is an active consultation with partners is a misrepresentation and is simply fraudulent.

The email I received does not receive any incoming main. Airbnb refuses to engage adequately with complaints services such as Resolver.

It is my view that Airbnb’s current contact with local Government will damage further the opportunity for the deregulated hosting industry to flourish in the UK. Airbnb are not representing my interests or consulting with me as they falsely claim to be.

I am genuinely concerned that the current business model is very much like some Sales strategies and Ponzi schemes of previous decades , relying heavily on constant referral of new hosts , with a high turnover and eventual burn out for those that do succeed.

The commercial  management sector is as a result of Airbnb’s approach no beginning to dominate Airbnb hosting in many areas,. This gives a very dishonest impression of what Airbnb often promotes to regulators as primarily invidual hosts. 

In the UK this also means that those commercially managed properties will sometimes be operating in breach of certain regulatory obligations. 

I’d welcome the opportunity to meet with one of the Airbnb staff who are engaged in visiting the country as part of 

consultation. 

0 Replies 0