Guest Cleaning Rating System

KC10
Level 2
Islamorada, FL

Guest Cleaning Rating System

When reviewing my guests in the category of how clean they left the space, I give about 98% of my guests a 5 on a scale of 1-5 (Airbnb's 5 rating being the best).  It pains me to give most everyone a 5 though when they really aren't equal at all to how they left the space.  There are those that go above and beyond, doing extra duties that I did not put on the check out list.  In general, these are the type of guests who are more conscientious than most others and it sucks that there isn't a rating that reflects and/or "rewards" these efforts.  Just the same, I realize that "going the extra mile", should not be the criteria for getting a 5 rating in this category.  I feel that all those that leave space in a reasonably clean manner deserve  no less than a 5.  Is it possible to have maybe a 5+ or a 5 with a star next to it indicating an "above & beyond" 5 rating? Or something in this regard?

2 Replies 2
Cheryl389
Level 7
Keyport, NJ

I do it similarly. They get a 5 if it took me a normal amount of time to clean. Definitely points of for leaving food everywhere when it could have easily have been thrown away, so that would be like 4 stars. A crazy party could actually range between 1 and 3 stars because I'm generous. I also account for damage.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@KC10, do it with your written review. Host who do not use instant booking cannot even see the star ratings of a guest so in some ways the ratings are useless. Guests who go above and beyond should get a glowing review: "Wow! these guests kept amazing care of the space and thoroughly cleaned up after themselves before they left. Hosts will LOVE to have these guests in their homes." For guests who leave the place in a reasonably clean manner: "Nice guests, all rules were followed and the space was left clean and tidy."