Guest asking for passport copies/ ID

Answered!
Sumudu0
Level 2
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso

Guest asking for passport copies/ ID

Hi

I rent out an apartment in Thailand - an Indonisian guest is asking for my passport/ ID copy saying he requires it to apply for his visa - as evidence of confirmed accommodation in Thailand. Would his Airbnb resevervation confirmation suffice for this purpose?

Its the 1st time a guest has made this request, so I'd appriciate some guidance on this

My thanks

Sumudu

1 Best Answer
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Sumudu0 I would probably pass on this booking. Maybe you should check the visa requirements to see if it was true, but even if it is I wouldn't send it. The guest should have figured things out before booking, I don't see how your passport number is going to help him. We don't owe our guests any other services except the accommodation they are paying for. 

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Sumudu0 I would probably pass on this booking. Maybe you should check the visa requirements to see if it was true, but even if it is I wouldn't send it. The guest should have figured things out before booking, I don't see how your passport number is going to help him. We don't owe our guests any other services except the accommodation they are paying for. 

Sumudu0
Level 2
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso

Thank you - the guest has three aithentic reviews in the past, so I'm trying to see how I can help them. I've suggested that they show their Airbnb reservation confirmation as confirmation of a hotel booking. Hopefully that will result in a win - win.

Thank you for your response

Sumudu