Guest emergency contacts

CeliaT0
Level 1
Dawsonville, GA

Guest emergency contacts

Got an experience that my guest was rushed to the hospital for mild stroke, he will be confined  and would lapse his stay, though he wants to extend I have a next guest after him. Have you ever encounter situation like this? Its good my guest was still on his right mind during the transition so I was able to get in touch with his morher on another state.I was wondering taking their emergency contacts upon arrival, what do you think?

4 Replies 4

@CeliaT0 It is pretty unusual for a host to request an emergency contact, but I don't think there's anything wrong with giving guests the opportunity to supply one upon arrival. 

CeliaT0
Level 1
Dawsonville, GA

Thank you for thinking the same idea as mine. Got a guest, strong and never expected that during his stay he got a mild stroke, good that he is conscious enough to give us his info to call his mom abroad. Guest would not mind giving emergency contact because we never know what would happen during their stay

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@CeliaT0  As I get a lot of single female guests, and it's a 20 minute walk to town from my place, it occurred to me over a year ago to get emergency contact info from my guests. I did ask a guest if Airbnb asks guest for this info-she said she wasn't sure, checked and said there was a place to fill in that info, but that she hadn't done it, and I suspect many or most guests haven't. Or it may be out-of-date and they neglected to change it.

No guest has balked at me asking for this, and they have said they appreciate the care. I figure if a guest had a serious accident, illness, or simply disappeared, their family would want to be informed ASAP.

Thx for an input...you never know what could happen in any guest we had and having their emergency contact is an insurance also that everything will be handled well wether they stayed well or not.