Guest payments

Answered!

Guest payments

I am new to hosting and I have a guest who has paid a deposit but is now asking when do `I want the balance. I thought Airbnb dealt with all payments. Her stay is in 6 weeks. Can someone explain what happens with guest payments for holidays?

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Amanda1710 

Guest make payments to Airbnb, not directly to you. It sounds the guest is on a "payment plan".  The  payment schedule is communicated to the guest. If they have a question about it, they should contact Airbnb.

After the reservation has started, Airbnb will pay you the total balance (unless it is a "long term stay", then other terms apply)

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Amanda1710 

Guest make payments to Airbnb, not directly to you. It sounds the guest is on a "payment plan".  The  payment schedule is communicated to the guest. If they have a question about it, they should contact Airbnb.

After the reservation has started, Airbnb will pay you the total balance (unless it is a "long term stay", then other terms apply)

So I had a lady book yesterday for a special event going on in our area - the booking kept saying waiting for payment . She then would not respond after check in time . I couldn’t cancel her and she wouldn’t cancel so my place went without being rented -NOT happy! I tried getting in touch with Airbnb but no one wrote me back , like it said . Is there anything I can do? It’s so unfair! This morning it’s still saying awaiting payment.