Guest recommendations

Kelly25
Level 3
Centennial, CO

Guest recommendations

I have a question/dilemma. I have a guest coming that has 5 reviews, yet it says "Recommended by 2 hosts." The reviews are not bad- some are kind of neutral, for example: "Overall were decent guests." 

Does this mean that 3 of them pressed the "no" button at the end when it asks you if you would recommend this guest? Or can it be skipped? 

I had an uncomfortable and unfortunate issue with a guest recently, and I'm on "high alert." I really don't want my next guest to be a problem as well. But I don't want to ask and sound accusatory, and set the stage for conflict. 

Mind you, I am a Super Host with 116 reviews, 5-star rating, and definitely not oversensitive. Just a little on edge...........

Thanks!

Kelly

6 Replies 6
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Kelly25

All I can say is go with your gut feeling - if it feels wrong in someway, the you will be on edge the entire time the guest is staying. I think the comment 'overall...etc' is a bit of a hint that maybe they are a bit messier than others, or overstep boundaries, or maybe are not that great with house rules.

Thank you for your input! 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Kelly25

"Overall were decent guests."  does sounds like the host was dissapointed with them. And I don't think you can skip thumb up/down and finish your review without it, so yes, probably 3 of them gave them thumb down.

@Branka-and-Silvia0@

I'm pretty sure we have skipped the thumbs up/thumbs down in the past, but who knows with airbnb changing everything all the time.

Thank you!

Ben205
Level 10
Crewkerne, United Kingdom

Does anybody know what a guest sees if I click 'No' to the 'Recommend this guest?' question?

We had a guest who I wouldn't recommend but also don't want to end their stay on the ABB platform because no host will take then again. Others might not have a problem with the extra cleaning!

I'm looking for a middle way. 'Not recommended, but if you need the money, they'll do fine'. Is that a category?