Guest resources

Roy93
Level 3
Aberlour, United Kingdom

Guest resources

Hello there to all, I’m just adding my similar question to others in the hope I can get a definitive updated answer.

I added via the app my check in instructions with photos etc.  and assumed that confirmed  guests would read it but every time just before they're due to arrive I get asked, what the check in details are? 

I did think Airbnb sent an email like they seem do with everything else but apparently not and I don’t know where  my guests can view this info. So I end up sending a message via the app with the written description of what to do which again takes time especially when I’m getting one night bookings mostly  just now. I can’t seem to find the guest itinerary well not via my phone app. Can anyone help guide me. Many thanks from Speyside Scotland 

7 Replies 7
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Roy93

When guests book your place they receive two emails - a 'reservation confirmed' email and 'your receipt from airbnb'  invoice email.

On the 'reservation confirmed' email, here appears a red box to click on called ' view full itinerary' -  if the guest clicks on this box then further information appears and here it lists useful things like your house rules, things your guest must acknowledge and also your directions.

It's not always obvious to the guest to go further and select the ''view full itinerary'' as the 'reservation confirmed' email shows most of the basic information they need ; such as booking dates and even your listings full postal address. By the listings address there is a hyperlink to 'get directions' however it doesn't show your directions but brings up a link to google maps instead.

So, your guests will be receiving your carefully written directions but from my experience the majority of guests are most likely blissfully unaware of your instructions as they are buried away in the confirmation e-mail.

What you may consider doing to save time is to write a template message up with your directions, save this template within your guest messages page, then use the 'send saved message' function to send to guests prior to their expected arrival.

Roy93
Level 3
Aberlour, United Kingdom

Thank you so much Elena for your perfect answer. I shall carry on sending my own message and link to google maps for my guests as that works. In fact my arrivals tonight I asked them about the email they got from Airbnb and they confirmed that as they have many accommodation booked in advance for their trip they would never have thought to go back to that email and click on the hyperlink. However yesterday they got my message with instructions etc. and said it was perfect and easy to understand. 

Roy 

We do exactly the same, @Roy93 We had several guests that parked in wrong spot, some guests calling us because they couldn't find our apartment, etc. Since we started sending a message with check-in instructions 1-2 dyas in advance, all the guest parked in the correct spot and could find our apartment. 

Works every time 🙂 it is a shame though as my check in instruction completed with photos I thought was a great idea if the guests just knew to look. 

Well I know how to send guests the check-in instructions at last and it’s so simple and I’m guessing this isn’t known by many? From your inbox go to your next guest that is due to arrive and at the bottom where you’ll have the camera symbol there is a 🔑 symbol and that is it, just click then send and your guest will get the check-in instructions that you prepared earlier. Job done  

Ute299
Level 1
Toowoomba, Australia

Hi, I'm a newbie. I don't have the key symbol next to my camera symbol. Do I have to add it from somewhere?

Is there another way to send 'check-in instruction' photos? Rather than text?

Hannah313
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi

I am new to co- hosting and I  cant find how to edit the confirmation email that is sent to guests after they have confirmed their booking?  I want to check what is written and make sure access codes and WIFI details are correct etc.