Guests email address

Maureen63
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

Guests email address

How do I get a guests email that has booked? I use resort lock and need to email code

22 Replies 22

so annoying...I used the email to send all property and are info to my guests and they all loved it. Messaging that info is ineffective. grrrr

Hi Thanks for your comment here. Are you now asking guests for their email address? We typically emailed the booking agreement to guests but I just saw that is not on guests profile any longer. I am trying to confirm that is ok with the platform without having to call ABB:-) ty 

Christina142
Level 4
California, United States

Has Airbnb removed the @ airbnb email for guests?  For the second time in a row, I can't find it.  I need to email temp parking passes to my guests and am frustrated.

Scott-and-Sharon0
Level 2
Sunshine Coast, Australia

Thanks for the attestation form reference and link above.  I have turned it back on through the link provided. The picture and document options in messaging don't seem to allow the attachment of PDF files. Odd, as I wish to and suspect that most would use PDF's to convey essential information to their guests.

Perhaps if Airbnb considered as part of the "on-platform" provisions allowance for the attachment of PDF's to messages, or the uploading of regular documents used to communicate with guests so they are available for attachment as needed.  If protection of Airbnb business is the reason behind the restrictions, uploaded documents could be verified prior to being made available for use?

I also have to send a map to my place to guests and always used the email link. But half the time guests said they got the email, but the attachment wasn't there. So I often just ask guests for their actual email address, send it to them from my email address. None of them have ever balked at giving me their email address. @Scott-and-Sharon0

So ABB does allow us to ask the guest for their email now but it is just not provided on the guest profile any longer? 

Erick457
Level 1
Denver, CO

This is absolutely ridiculous @Airbnb. I manage all my bookings, but have a 24/7 on call person in the area that handles check in and any issues that might come up. I have to send them my guest's email addresses so they can reach out and introduce themselves and how to get in touch, etc.

Having this type of supports is required by law in Summit County, Colorado. So, now I just have to ask every guest for their email address manually....great work.

Tuck28
Level 1
Park City, UT

I use Airbnb's guest email address with my own email client (Live Mail) when responding to inquiries, requests and confirmations.  (I manage 15 properties and while most of the text in my replys are identical, much is unique to the property.)  Several months ago some guests stopped getting my emails.  I now have to check my Airbnb inbox for each guest to confirm that my outgoing emails were getting recorded on Airbnb and, presumably, reaching the guest.  (Some work and some don't.) 

For those that don't, I have to remove hidden characters from the email (that get put there when I copy text from Excel, where the email text gets created, or else Airbnb interprets them as an invalid website).  Then paste the resulting message to Airbnb to send.

I have turned on "Allow me to use an email alias to reach guests" on the attestation form, to no avail so far.

Does anyone know how to successfully use the Airbnb created guest email from an email client?

Or a better way to create inquiry replies and confirmations for a lot of properties?

Thanks, Tuck