HACKED ACCOUNT, AIRBNB DISABLED FOR OVER A WEEK, NO HELP...NO COMPENSATION!

Miles9
Level 2
San Diego, CA

HACKED ACCOUNT, AIRBNB DISABLED FOR OVER A WEEK, NO HELP...NO COMPENSATION!

Looks like I'm not the only one, apparently hundreds of hosts and users are being hacked by people who discover your login/password and create a new listing on your account.  They then change your email and contact info so they receive the inquiries.  The hackers create a website, tell you to book through this site where they can scam you for booking a home that doesn't exist.

I am a long time host and property manager with multiple listings on airbnb.  I recently had my account disabled by airbnb for over a week after I contacted them for 3 straight days to get them to do something about this.  I am now trying to get reimbursed or at least an apology and airbnb credit....but nothing, NOTHING!  This is the epidemy of terrible customer service.  My account brought airbnb over $6000 in fees last year and they apparently don't appreciate that.  I don't know about everyone else but I feel like this is a great news story for airbnb to be in the spotlight for...I had no idea there were so many of us victims out there!  

If you support sharing this story with with the public for all to know how unsafe airbnb is then please like and share this post!

2 Replies 2
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I looked at your profile and your listings are there.

Is this a breach of the AirBnB sytem or you fell victim to some phiishing activity?

David
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

I'm interested to know if your password for airbnb was the same as your email password.

Also did you have your push notifications on or off, to alert you to sign in activity?