Half Day Calendar Dates?

Half Day Calendar Dates?

Hi all,

Right now I have it set up where Airbnb automatically blocks the day before and the day after a booking. However, is it possible for Airbnb to be a little more granular where I can just block off a half day that is the same day as check in and same day as check out? For example, if I didn't have the day before/after blocks, if a guest checks in Monday and checks out Wednesday, is it possible to still allow another guest to check out on Sunday, but not Monday and vice versa for check out. I wouldn't necessarily need a full day between guests, but it would be nice to at least have the day of without worrying that I am potentially losing a potential booking, because a guests sees a full day blocked and see it as unavailable as a day to check out. Hope this makes sense. 

Thank you

Dianna

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

This very question was recently asked on this forum, @Dianna-and-Matt0.  Basic answer is there is no way to get have day blocking.  Just change your days blocked around bookings and you will get back to back bookings.  If you are able to clean in between the checking out and checking in, you are fine.  Make sure guests check out on time and that incoming guest do not want to check in early.  I find it stressful to do that, but I'm kinda old and retired and don't want to be rushed 😄

Hi Linda,

Thank you for your response! Yes, I am basically doing the same thing, where I will keep the blocked off days before/after if it's in the middle of the week, but then try to just rush to clean between back-to-back guests on the weekends. Bonus if the guests leave earlier than check out time. So far (knock on wood) no issues with guests staying late. 

Best

Dianna