Has anyone had a GUEST THREATEN AIRBNB HOST TO GET DISCOUNTS!?

Has anyone had a GUEST THREATEN AIRBNB HOST TO GET DISCOUNTS!?

I am in the middle of a strange experience where my airbnb guest has sent over threats to myself and is trying to threaten my landlord and file a police report in order to get a discount. He lied about booking two trips to get a discount but when I found out that it was a lie, I had to send over the original price for the 1 reservation.  So I asked him to cancel since it was his disagreement. That is when the treats came. I reported it to Trust and Safety and asked for a free cancellation due to this extraneous circumstance. They are NOT confirming if someone like that will have his account deactivated or suspended. The customer service supervisor said that it wasn't serious enough. I don't understand why he said that. 

What would other hosts recommend if they received a message like this?

"

Name: [Personal information hidden]

Hi again.

Ok, it looks like you are not particular person but it is your business. That is more clear and even better.

So for the last time. Iam not canceling because you have stricte policy and I will pay 50%.

So, this the last time, so listen :

A- I will not cancel, but you can cancel.

B- I will not pay the difference, because it is not what I understand and I told you that last week.

If nothing work with you :

-Option a : I have to call airbnb and see what is the solution as I did last week.

Option b : I already rented in that building and I have to call the owner and find you to arrange this if you agree.
Option c : I am stressed already of work and usually I dont wast time on booking, you keep saying the same thing and you dont want to listen, I seriously feel harassed. I am definitely happy to fill report to the police and meet you at court."

Any advice will do! Thanks!

3 Replies 3
José70
Level 5
Lisbon, Portugal

The advice is simple: Cancel the reservation and explain why. If you are feeling uncomfortable with the guest behaviour towards you,make that clear to Airbnb. The worst that can happen is that you can't be a SuperHost,big deal. Remember,it's better to avoid this kind of situations right from the start. You can also report him to Airbnb. Hope this helps. Best of luck to you!

Anastasia31
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Hello New Host, I was in almost semilar cetuation back in Dec '16. What I learn from my experience is immediatly contact BNB and some one from mediation team will give you a call. Stop talking to a guest and more likely he will never go to police (police only can be involved when there is bodily/property damage). Also, stic to your cancelation police and alwayes remember that the guests make reservations and they will do anything to get there money back. Good luck, Anastasia

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I would tell him Option C.

David