Having surgery and need to cancel future reservations?

Ashley397
Level 2
Saint Joseph, MO

Having surgery and need to cancel future reservations?

Hi! We have been hosting for a year and a half now and I’m having a colectomy this spring.  We had a horrible experience with our last guests and I’m so stressed that I decided to just go on hosting hiatus. Has anyone dealt with this? I mean I’m potentially looking at hundreds in cancellation fees and I’m just stressed. We love AirBNB but right now it’s not a good time for us to be hosting while I deal with my health. Anyone have experience? I’ve already contacted support team. 

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ashley397  You say you've contacted support, but you don't say anything about what they told you. If I were you, I'd get a letter from your doctor, and submit it to Airbnb, ask them to cancel any pending reservations you have under their extenuating circumstances policy. That way, you won't be penalized. Also, snooze your listing right away so no one else can book.

You should try to do this ASAP, as any already booked guests will need time to make alternate arrangements.

All the best with your medical condition- you certainly don't need additional stress in your life right now.