Heads up to Hosts Delisting Properties

Christine20
Level 2
Pine Lake, GA

Heads up to Hosts Delisting Properties

I thought Airbnb was more sophisticated than this or is it intentional? I delisted a property with a reservation so many months out at the time that I did not see it. Fortunately a few weeks before the guest was to arrive I saw her reservation when I was looking for a reservation on another property. I offered her a newly refurbished house in a much better location but she was determined to be unhappy so I have been penalized by Airbnb as if I cancelled. In fact I offered her a better house that rents for twice as much as her original booking. The real story here is that I was amazed I could delist with an upcoming reservation and receive no alert from Airbnb. The longer i am a host the more I feel they don't support the host. 

Another shocking occurrence was receiving a notice that a guest (with a horrible review, of course Airbnb didn't tell me that) wanted to book. I accept guests with good reviews only yet here they were presenting this woman as vetted but something made me go beyond Airbnb's initial message and actually read her reviews. She had two, the most recent was a tirade about drug and alcohol use, burned up appliances and vomit in every room! Why hasn't this woman be banned from Airbnb? Instead they were trying to foist her off on me!

I'm looking for alternatives to Airbnb. I would appreciate hearing from hosts with VRBO experience. Are they more supportive of hosts? 

0 Replies 0