Help: Can´t log in with facebook account!

Patricia881
Level 2
Lisbon, Portugal

Help: Can´t log in with facebook account!

Always used Facebook log with no problem, now it comes a message saying "Error iniciating session: There was an error acessing this app". I really need to have Aibnb on my phone, this is very disturbing for my work. 

Any help?

11 Replies 11
Anna1105
Level 1
New York, United States

This is happening to me right now too 😞

Jenelyn0
Level 2
Orlando, FL

Hi @Patricia881 If you're using the Airbnb app, please try to uninstall your app then re-install again. I'm sure that will fix the bug in the system. Please let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Oliver145
Level 1
Sydney, Australia

Hi, this is happening to me right now, in my browser (Chrome on Mac OSX). I can log into Facebook fine but I can't get Facebook to let me into Airbnb. I'm actually logged into Airbnb (as you can see) but I can't access my hosting listings because Airbnb requires me to confirm my identity before proceeding to that section of the site. The exact error text is "Login Error: There is an error in logging you into this application. Please try again later.". See screen grab. Note this has been the case for about 24 hours.

err.jpeg

Same thing is happening to me -- I've even tried using a New Incognito Window , thinking perhaps it was some type of caching issue.   

Does AirBnB recommend a specific browser to use?  NOTE: this is happening on my desktop -- not via the AirBnB app.

This is making it very difficult to manage my property as a host!

Thanks for your help,

Kathy

Colleen122
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

I am getting this too. I am trying to edit my payment options and it's been like this for a while. It's very frustrating and I'm trying to get paid!

Kai94
Level 1
Carrollton, TX

I had the same problem. I got around it by installing the fb app logging in then using that to login into Airbnb and removed the app. I don't like like. I want to disconnect it but then you lose all your reviews and everything. I'll never use fb login again

Barbara1652
Level 1
Madison, NJ

I cannot get my android phone Airbnb app to log in to my account that I have on my laptop.  I have tried the fixes above and it still logs me into the same account that I actually deactivated!

Tracy432
Level 1
Santaquin, UT

Attempting to get on the app and it says I must first sign in with Facebook and what do I need to do?

Dongwoo1
Level 1
Seoul, South Korea

Im having the same problem please reachout to me for help

Nguyen24
Level 1
Hanoi, Vietnam

Im having the same problem now

Robert375
Level 3
Vallejo, CA

Ive been having this issue for eight years with the phone app. I occasionally have a successful login after having to troubleahoot for 30m. Its gotten to the point where I completely have given up on the app. There is a glitch with Facebook login. It probably more has to do with facebook.

Disclaimer: I am owner of an IT service company since 2003. The glitch is real and happens both on android and ios.