Help - I think I've been scammed

Help - I think I've been scammed

I want to ask you about my situation I recently saw a flat I want to rent, I made the payments everything but it turn out that is scam and now I want my money back any suggestions when she sent me the receipt under there it written Airbnb Luxembourg payment SA

18 Replies 18

@Erica1381   Did you actually book this flat through the Airbnb platform? 

She sent me the invitation and I booked it which is this one 

EB74364E-86D0-4E9F-B654-B05DD2F1CF8A.jpeg

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Erica1381 

I just wanted to let you know that the post you replied to was rather old, and I wanted to make sure you had more of a chance to get some help, so I've created a new post for you using the reply you left.

Are there any more details you can give us, e.g did you book and pay via Airbnb or did you pay the Host directly?  What was the scam - was the listing not available?

If you can provide more detail, our lovely Hosts can maybe help advise, or we can maybe find some Airbnb resources to help you out.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

I paid the host directly and it was a scam because the apartment doesn’t exit when I got there it is abandoned place 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Erica1381 

On Airnb you can not pay the host directly, you always make the payment to Airbnb.

Airbnb will make payment to the host on the day after you checked-in in the accommodation. What is the link (URL) to the listing on Airbnb which you applied on ?

Emiel1
Level 10

@Erica1381 

This is NOT a URL to the official Airbnb website.

You are scammed by somebody using the name "Airbnb" in their communication and URL, but is not a host on Airbnb. 

17535CED-21B1-41CC-A621-6AAB9D256F60.jpeg

U see under this it written Luxembourg Airbnb payment s.a I want to contact them 

Emiel1
Level 10

@Erica1381 

It seems fake to me. Airbnb does not charge a deposit. Also Service fee is incorrect. Sorry.

To which bank account did you transfer the money ?

If creditcard used: inform Credit Card company to revert the payment.

Revolut I did but they said they can’t help 

Or should I report it to the police 

Emiel1
Level 10

@Erica1381 

It seems you are a victim of scamming. Maybe filing a report with the police is the best thing to do.

Okk I will do that thanks very much