Help!

Navi49
Level 1
Calgary, Canada

Help!

I just booked for the very first time, and im a tad bit nervous. The place got confirmed in a minute. I tried messaging the host, and haven’t got a response. My booking isn’t till later (July). Am I overreacting or should I be worried that the host already isn’t responding?

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Navi49  If you Instant Booked, rather than sending a Booking Request, then yes, it would get confirmed immediately. That's what Instant Book means. The host doesn't see an Instant Book reservation and have to confirm it. They see it after it is confirmed. It's automatic and instant.

How long has it been since you messaged the host and haven't gotten a reply? If it's been days, that's definitely a red flag, but if it's just some hours or a day or two, the host may be busy and there may be time zone discrepancies. If they continue not to respond, you could try texting or phoning them (their number should be on your itinerary) and if they still don't answer, I'd contact Airbnb customer service to see if they can get the host to respond, or to let you cancel with full refund if you're not feeling good about this. If you do get ahold of the host by phone, just ask them to please answer your message ASAP- it's best to keep communication to the platform asa much as possible, so there is a record of things should there be any contention.

And in the future, when you see a place you might want to book, you can always send an Inquiry message to the host first, to ask whatever questions you have, or just get a feel for the host so you feel comfortable. An Inquiry doesn't obligate you in any way. If the host pre-approves the Inquiry, you can either go on to book it or not.