Host Issues

Chad5
Level 1
Maryland, United States

Host Issues

As a host, what is the best way to promote my listing?  I have been receiving very few inquiries from potentials guests.  It looks like I have only had 11 views through the month of January this year.  I am concerned since my response rate is based off of the inquiries I receive and I do not have very many.

Any help is appreciated!

3 Replies 3
David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

I think this depends where you are, the type of product you ahve and your competition. In our area we have over 300 hotels and resorts but our hosue is somehwat unique so we do quite well with just AirBnb. Others on this group use trip advisor and VROb etc with decent results. You can also set up a facebook page that drives guests to your listing. 

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

If tourism to the beach in MD in January is not in the high season, consider adjusting rates accordingly.

Jonathan6
Level 10
Mamaroneck, NY

Personally I would change your primary picture, every home has a couch, but not every home is on the Beach.  Play that up visually and I agree with the other poster about reviewing prices.  Use the pricing tool, but check your competition, you can lower rate but set other criteria such as minimum stay or increase back end fees.