Host Refund

Niku0
Level 3
Patong, Thailand

Host Refund

A reservation was cancelled without any valid reason. The reservation policy is strict, which means 50% refund up until 1 week prior to arrival,

However a case manager at Airbnb has cancelled the reservation and refunded the guest in full based on wrong reasons.

So I asked kindly to investigate the entire case including conversation between me and the guest and message sent from Airbnb.

This support case is now closed without any explanation. I demand 50% refund, which I am entitled to according to Airbnb's own rules.

Nobody from Airbnb answer my messages about this case. What can be done?

4 Replies 4
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Niku0 I once went through a very similar situation and the guest was fully refunded leaving me with zero revenue. Such cases normally happen when the guest has shown proof that they are going through

extenuating circumstances such as medical condition,death of a parent etc.You can always contact Airbnb via twitter @AirbnbHelp and ask them the reason why the guest was fully refunded.You can also call Airbnb on the following number  United Kingdom: +44 203 318 1111 or United States (USA): +1-415-800-5959. Good luck!!!

Thanks a lot I will try that

Norma31
Level 2
Fort William, United Kingdom

I’ve had several refunds made due to guests being unable to make it due to the bad weather. No one at Airbnb seems to be asking the guest to claim from their travel insurance. 

This was a little different.

A case manager at Airbnb wrote: "The guest notified us that even if your check-in time is set anytime after 1 pm, you denied him to check-in at 2.45 am. For that reason we have cancelled the reservation and refunded the guest in full."

However the guest did not want a late check in, he wanted to store his luggage from 2.45 am the night before check in. Our reception is closed at night, except for late check-inn, so we could not fulfil this request.

Airbnb help center  refuses to answer any mails and contacting Airbnb via twitter @AirbnbHelp didn't help.