Host not responding

Katia433
Level 1
McAllen, TX

Host not responding

Hello! I have an upcoming trip on 2 days. Since the host confirmed my reservation and sent an automatic message she has not responded to my messages since March. I have tried calling her through the app and says the cellphone number is not available. I tried the contact us in airbnb with the bot to communicate me to an actual person but no one has reached out to me. I am not sure what to do because my trip is coming up with all my family and it is already paid. I don´t want to get to an unknown city and have nowhere to stay. Hope Someone can help. Thanks

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Katia433 call Airbnb urgently, If they cannot get a response from the host then they will hopefully help you to cancel and find somewhere else to stay.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Katia433 

This community can not do much for you...

It isvery  annoying a host is not responding.

Is the listing still active ?

You could also try Twitter (AIrbnbHelp) for assistance of Airbnb.

@Emiel1 I would assume the listing is still active if they have an upcoming reservation in 2 days! 

@Katia433  I would urgently try to get in contact with the host, have they sent you check  in info? This is not normal for a host to not respond to an upcoming reservation. Can you check on their listing when their last review was from? If you don’t hear anything soon, I would contact Airbnb support for a cancellation due to host not responding & make sure they get you a full refund & start looking for other accommodations.