Host protection in High Season

Avril26
Level 2
Helensburgh, United Kingdom

Host protection in High Season

Can anyone advise please?  

Can we protect ourselves regarding a 3 week booking in Sweden's high season 2020. 

We have a strict cancellation policy which, if I understand it correctly, means the guest could get a full refund is they cancelled 3 weeks before the due date.  This could mean that those 3 weeks might not be rebooked and we would lose that prime income? 

3 Replies 3
Md-Mizanur1
Level 10
BSB, Brunei

Dear Avril26

Airbnb have 3 types of cancellation policy. You need to choose one of them.

No. 1. Flexible- Full refund 1 day prior to arrival.

No. 2. Moderate - Full refund 5 days prior to arrival.

No. 3. Strict - Full refund for cancellations made within 48 hours of booking, if the check-in date is at least 14 days away. 50% refund for cancellations made at least 7 days before check-in. No refunds for cancellations made within 7 days of check-in.

I think now you understand which one you need to select.

Thank you.

Regards

Mizanur

@Avril26 if you have a strict cancellation policy the only way a guest would get a full refund is if they booked more than 14 days before the check in date, and then cancelled within 48 hours. If they cancel after the 48 hour period has passed they will only get 50% refunded.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Avril26 

I think it is risky to take reservations longer than 1-2 weeks in a prime season, especially if the season in your area is very short and lasts for 2-3 months/year.

I would advise you to set up a max stay to 1-2 weeks and of course with strict cancelation policy.

Keep in mind, the strict policy may be overridden by extenuating circumstances when guests are fully refunded. You wouldn't believe what can be considered as extenuating circumstance here on Airbnb ....not only the death or illness of someone from the group but also an illness of a close friend, rainy weather, canceled flights and all sorts of stupid reasons