Host referral program rip off

Dayna45
Level 1
Mansfield, TX

Host referral program rip off

Every time I open the app I see an advertisement for the host referral bonus. Earned $535 after you refer a new host and they complete their first reservation. The new host even gets $40.

Now that I've referred someone and they received their first booking Airbnb claims the program is no longer active. False advertisement and lies at its finest!! The representative claims they're working on it to get it removed. Please!! Airbnb wants you to bring in all new hosts but not pay you for it. I will not bring another dime to this company until they rectify this issue.

6 Replies 6
Cheyenne55
Level 1
Miami Beach, FL

Same thing here, every time I opened my app I see the referral program for $720 and the new host will get $40.00 after they complete their "first qualifying reservation". I only got $96 dollars, once I called back they said it was never such an amount. I had to send the screen shot which as of this day is still on for $ 720. They told me all kind  of excuses like the promotion is not on. The amount of days were not enough and that the reservation was not a qualifying reservation and the $96 were a mistake. 

Dayna45
Level 1
Mansfield, TX

If they keep it up I think we need to file a lawsuit.....class A...... false advertising

Karl94
Level 2
Deerfield, MA

Same story - referred a neighbor to the Airbnb program last yeT and sent a link but she decided she was not ready at that time to begin hosting. That link expired. I sent another link invite this summer when she was in a better place to become a host and helped her create her site and navigate through the Airbnb pages. All requirements of the program were met, and she has been extremely busy from the very start, but Airbnb told me that I could not refer the same guest twice. So if a friend refuses an invite to supper you never ask her over again? When I disputed this they said the link had expired. Yes, the first link did expire, but she used the second live link. 
The boilerplate responses and the little add-ins such as “my heart is broken that I cannot help you” does not really work for me. I even wrote to the CEO - twice. The blank refusals, the stalling and the excuses have been very annoying. This from a company that made $379 million in net profit in their second quarter. I rely on the income stream and still work two other jobs. It does seem rather bogus.

@Karl94that bonus no longer exists and was phased out a few months ago . H

Yes, thanks. Sent link before any expiration. Refer a Host still available.

Dayna45
Level 1
Mansfield, TX

If that's the case they need to stop advertising it every time I open the app.  Also ....the "end" date sure keeps changing.