Host wont reply to clarify reservation

Peter115
Level 2
Forres, United Kingdom

Host wont reply to clarify reservation

i want to confirm my reservation but need to clarify the sleeping arrangements for myself and my partner and a male friend visiting from Canada.  i want to book due to high demand in that area for that date but dont want to accept strict 50% refund policy. i have messaged host several times with no reply just getting prompt to pre book.  what do you suggest?

3 Replies 3
Paul0
Level 10
Brunswick, Australia

Hi @Peter115,

I'd suggest coming up with an alternative plan. If the Host is unresponsive then it is an indicator of their attentiveness to your stay.

...otherwise keep hammering away!  Hope you find something. 🙂

Cheers,

Paul

---

If someone provides a useful response send with a thumbs up!

Useful Links to Check Out:

Co-Organiser of Melbourne's Finest... Hosts too! 🙂

@Peter115

If you are not prepared to accept the terms and conditions, you need to look elsewhere.  If there is a high demand, it is unlikely that this particular host will change their cancellation policy and risk being left out of pocket.  

Personally I would have just declined such a request - you are lucky to have a pre-approval.

@Peter115 I do the same thing - when I started out I'd adjusted our cancellation policy a couple times for people - in EVERY instance they cancelled, so I don't budge on my Strict policy.  It's busy enough I don't have to and I doubt your host is wanting to take the risk (hence not getting contact back on this point...though I usually explain why I won't budge) when they can benefit from the 'high demand' they experience in their area.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Contact AirBNB