Hosting Air BNB in Edmonton

Hosting Air BNB in Edmonton

Hello,

We are considering hosting an Air BNB in Edmonton, AB. We are hoping rent an apartment and sublet it to Air BNB (with landlord approval of course). Anyone else had success with this? Anything we need to watch for or be aware of?

The estimate from Airbnb is we could make up to $1348/month for 4 guests. I assume that is net? After rent/mortgage/expenses are paid?

Thanks

Adam

8 Replies 8
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Songwriter0 its not as lucrative as it use to be, far to many new listings everywhere.

All figures will be gross as only you know your costs

The link below shows the number of listings in Edmonton has doubled in the last 8 months and the other one shows expected takings of $520 per week when let

https://bnbvestor.com/#search/lev4/152906/edmonton-alberta-ca/idProt=782113825

https://www.eliotandme.com/vacation_rentals/Edmonton_AB_Canada/estimate

ok thank you for your help!

Nayeem1
Level 1
Edmonton, Canada

Are you considering obtaining a licence from the city?

Taras22
Level 2
Santa Ana, CA

Hi, my cousin and his wife with small child are refugees coming from Ukraine to Edmonton on the 26th and have a very hard time finding a home.  Does anyone in Edmonton know of any housing options for them?  They tried to go through UCSS, but didn't have any luck.

Shika44
Level 1
Edmonton, Canada

Hi Guys,

i am a new guest. My place is new built and also all furniture and appliances are new. I am a bit concerned if this is not a right decision to put it on Airbnb... I am worried if the place or material got damaged and the income of the airbnb does not pay off ... I appreciate sharing your experienc  or any advise please

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

1. Vet your guests carefully

2. Don't use Instant Book - so you can review each booking as it comes in and you become an experienced host

3. Only you can know whether your short term rental will pay off by doing your market research on demand and supply in your area and putting a profit and loss budget together to estimate profitability 

@Shika44 

Jennifer3464
Level 2
Edmonton, Canada

I would like to co-host if anyone need it.

JENNIFER COMSA
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Jennifer3464, I would recommend taking a look on our "Get Local" page as you might have better chances to connect with a local Hosts in need of a Co-host 😊

I hope this helps.

Quincy  

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen