Hosting under 16?

Answered!

Hosting under 16?

I have been asked by someone from a private school, if I can host a 15 year old student?

Please let me know the rules.

Thanks

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

It is my understanding that in order to have a profile on Air BNB, you must be 18 years old.  Since third party booking is not allowed on the platform, the parents cannot book for the student.  I would think you might want to have a separate private contract with the parents because not only are you renting a room to a minor, you might in loco parentis with this minor.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

It is my understanding that in order to have a profile on Air BNB, you must be 18 years old.  Since third party booking is not allowed on the platform, the parents cannot book for the student.  I would think you might want to have a separate private contract with the parents because not only are you renting a room to a minor, you might in loco parentis with this minor.

Thanks I have looked at the reviews of the person trying to book and I think she uses airbab for school trips.

I have said no but it looks like the girl is refusing to fly home and the school are getting desperate.

I would think a hotel would be there best bet.

Emily487
Level 10
KCMO, MO

@James-And-Jane0 

Third party booking for a young minor? No  ** way.

I went to boarding school. There was always another student's family living nearby, a teacher, or a small apartment on campus where students in this position could stay when they couldn't go home for a holiday, were suspended for some kind of serious hanky panky, or for other reasons. I hate to be mean but if NO one at the school is willing to house her then I don't it's a safe idea to do so yourself  (even if the rules let you).